Mobile Drill Intl is looking for an Intern/ Co-op with a strong interest in Mechanical/Structural Systems Engineering and the ability to rapidly learn Mobile Mechanical Manufacturing System, including design and power capability assessment.
The focus of the internship will be towards developing designs, layouts, detailed drawings for drill rigs and relative support tooling, as well as creating supporting Bills of Materials for our manufacturing and assembly process within Mobile Drill Engineering Systems, policy & procedure protocol.
- Focusing on development of Mechanical/Structural systems.
- Concept and design of construction equipment.
- Validation of components on vehicle.
- Collaborating with Mechanical/Structural Engineer(s) on system design.
- Communication with suppliers and customers on product selection and integration.
- Creating and supporting of 2D drawings, 3D Solid Modeling and specification documentation.
- Work with manufacturing, testing departments, and suppliers to develop efficient and cost-effective designs and manufacturing methods and standardized fixturing.
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers.
- Developing Bills of Materials for the manufacturing/assembly process.
- Responsible for working with assembly staff to determine continued process development.
Mechanical/Structural Engineering or Engineering in relative field
Solid Works/ Solid Edge
Design experience or exposure to off-road mobile equipment
Power Train Knowledge
Basic knowledge of PTO system
Materials (Metals, Castings, Plastics, Sheet metal)
Reporting Research Results
Selection process includes phone call, in person interview.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.